fashion + beauty + insider interviews + est 2006

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

BUT I MEAN....WHY? AMY WINEHOUSE CLEAR INSPIRATION FOR NEW CHANEL AD CAMPAIGN




worldwide - i am no fan of amy winehouse' addict chic and so i am no fan of these ads which draw inspiration from it. am i the only one wondering why chanel -specifically kaiser karl - did not take a more original and less derivative inspiration for this ad campaign? for all this, they shoulda just gotten winehouse out of her stupor and shot her for these ads.

4 comments:

Bazooka Cookie said...

I don't think these images have been inspired by Winehouse at all. Women have been wearing dark hair, dark eye make-up and particularly the winged eye long before Winehouse, and it's a look that regularly circulates in the fashion world. The clothes are way too classy to be conncted with her also. :)

Camille Acey said...

I agree with you Z, they should have woken Amy up give her two cups of strong coffee and shot here for this. She definitely would have looked better than the boring little girl they chose.

Keesean said...

I think supermodel CoCo Rocha looks amazing in these ads. The ads are very edgy and controversial, because Karl's pre-fall collection was just that. I can't see how a halter top made of chunky religions inspired jewelery paired with fingertip-less gloves overtly covering exposed nipples is boring at all. But that's just me

Anonymous said...

I also feel they have no connection what so ever to Amy Whinehouse, yes I know I spelt that wrong. These outfits have nothing in common with a coked out piece of trash.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin